Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Lord of the Flies Vocabulary List 2

11. Credulously - childishly.

Synonym - foolishly, stupidly, acting bizarre

My Definition - Someone who is being dumb or acting so bizarre.

12. Cynically - without hope, desperate, sadness, and dispair.

Synonym - desperate, sadly

My Definition - The person is being depressed about their lives so much.

13. Declivities - slope, downward change in value.

Synonym - incline, drop, decrease

My Definition - When a line is dropping down or going upward.

14. Decorous - appropriate, suitable.

Synonym - becoimg, civilized, worthy

My Definition - When a person is becoing classy or dressed proper.

15. Demur - disagree, back off.

Synonym - cancel, abandon, challenge

My Definition - Someone who wants to get out a problem.

16. Derisive - exhibiting unkind behavior or words.

Synonym - insolent, flip, sassy

My Definition - When children, teenagers, or adults be disrespectful to one another.

17. Diffidently - in fear, in a modest manner.

Synonym - alarm, bashful, shy

My Definition - Someone who is afraid to show thier fears.

18. Discursive - rambling, difficult to understand.

Synonym - erratic, spreading

My Definiton - Something is more awkward.

19. Disentangled - unwind, solve.

Synonym - part, open, solve

My Definition - When somethign is a lot easier for a person to do.

20. Disinclination - unwillingness to do or believe something.

Synonym - aversion, dislike

My Definition - Some people do not believe in some things that are true and real.

No comments:

Post a Comment