Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Lord of the Flies Vocab. List 3

21. Dubious - causing doubt.

Synonym - moot, open, unsure

My Definition - Someone is feeling doubt about something.

22. Ebullience - enthusiasm.

Synonym - agitation, liveliness

My Definition - Somebody is more joyful than themselves.

23. Ferocity - fierceness.

Synonym - cruelty, violence

My Definition - It's based on a serial killer.

24. Flourished - grow, prosper; wave about.

Synonym - arrive, bloom, develop

My Definition - Plants, people, vegetables, and fruits.

25. Foliage - leaves, plants, trees, and shrubs.

Synonym - growth, umbrage

My Definition - There are big and small leaves on plants, and fruits.

26. Furtive - sneaky, secretive, sly.

Synonym - cautious, creepy, cunning

My Definition - Somebody is being a lot more slicke and sly.

27. Grave - serious, gloomy.

Synonym - dignified, dull, sad

My Definition - When a person is being too depressed all the time.

28. Impervious - unable to be penetrated, long-lasting.

Synonym - impassive, immune, fixed

My Definition - Immune to any disease in your body, and the medicine can fix the area that you're having a problem with.

29. Incantation - spell, magic.

Synonym - chant, charm, enchantment

My Definition - A witch uses magic and spells to summon the dead, and the living to their command.

30. Inscrutable - hidden, mysterious; blank.

Synonym - mystic, secret, difficult

My Definition - Something ancient and old of a message that's been there for centuries.

No comments:

Post a Comment