Friday, October 23, 2009

Lord of the Flies Vocab. and Sent. List 4

31. Interminable - infinite, uninteresting.

Synonym - boring, constant, endless

My Definition - Someone is doing the same thing over and over again.

Sentence - We had the most outrageous in terminating conversation that we ever had in the restaurant.

32. Iridescent - rainbow-color, opalescent.

Synonym - lustrous, many-colored

My Definition - Types of colors of the rainbow.

Sentence - There are so many colors of iridescently rainbow.

33. Lamentation - grief, complaints.

Synonym - keen, moan, sorrow, wail

My Definition - When a person is being so dramatic over nothing.

Sentence - My sister is always lamenting too much for my nerves today.

34. Malevolently - deceitfully, violently, menacing.

Synonym - angrily, awfully, brutally

My Definition - Somebody that is a lot more dangerous than a criminal.

Sentence - An abuser is so malevolent towards a woman or a man in a relationship these days.

35. Muted - muffle, tone down sound, weak, dainty.

Synonym - lower, drown, silence

My Definition - When a deaf person is like that their whole life.

Sentence - When a muted person is unable to hear or speak, they use sign-language for speaking to somebody.

36. Obscurely - in hidden manner, dimly.

Synonym - secretly, quietly, darkly.

My Definition - When a friend is doing something behind their friend's back, and they do not tell them almost everything they want to hear.

Sentence - I hate it when a person is being so obscure about a serious problem that they're not telling someone.

37. Obtuseness - dullness of mind, intelligence inexperienced.

Synonym - disregard, ignorance, darkness

My Definition - Every time a person is being a dumb head.

Sentence - When a person is so obtuse, they don't really know anything.

38. Officious - Self-important, dictatorial, domineering.

Synonym - busy, rude, pushy

My Definition - When a person is worried about themselves.

Sentence - This girl is so officious about herself everyday, and not worried about her family.

39. Opalescence - luminosity, gloss, shine.

Synonym - light, gleam, brilliance

My Definition - Something so beautiful and bright.

Sentence - My lip gloss is always opalescent to my clothes that match with it.

40. Opaque - clouded, muddy, hard to understand.

Synonym - cloudy, dark, dirty, dull

My Definition - When things are so dark and gloomy.

Sentence - The clouds are sometimes opaquely dark, the rain comes down in a minute or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment