Monday, October 26, 2009

Lord of the Flies Vocab. and Sent. List 5

41. Parody - imitation, spoof.

Synonym - mock, apology, joke

My Definition - When someone is being a bully to a nice person.

Sentence - This boy is beginning to be a lot more parodious to certain people.

42. Parried - ward off, circumvent.

Synonym - dodge, duck, block

My Definition - It's like someone or something is coming fast.

Sentence - The bullet came in a parried distance for the guy's chest.

43. Pinnacles - top, crest.

Synonym - climax, tower, crown

My Definition - A story or a movie is the most important part in a spooky, funny, or terrifying situation.

Sentence - This movie was heading towards the pinnacles when the people was in the theatre.

44. Ruefully - regret, severe upset or pain.

Synonym - agony, mourn, torment

My Definition - When a person or something is being annoyed by the most.

Sentence - My sister is always a rueful pain in the neck all the time.

45. Tacitly - quietly, silently.

Synonym - whisper, softly, lowness

My Definition - When somebody is more quiet than loudness often at times.

Sentence - Sometimes I can be a lot more tacit than at school, and at my house at times.

46. Vexed - distress, bother.

Synonym - disturb, upset, harass

My Definition - The person is being bothered by a stranger or a known person.

Sentence - Melinda Sordino was being raped and vexed by Andy Evans at that party during the summer.

47. Vicissitudes - change, something made different.

Synonym - break, switch, shift

My Definition - When something is beginning to be brand new.

Sentence - I have a lot of vicissitude clothes in my drawer that I haven't worn yet.

48. Vivid - intense, powerful.

Synoynm - active, bright, glowing

My Definition - The feeling of something more brilliant.

Sentence - Johnny Storm had a lot of vivid in his body when he turned into a flaming superhero.

49. Vulnurable - open to attack, hazardous, troubling.

Synonym - bad, alarming, ready

My Definition - When a bad guy is about to attack the innocent.

Sentence - Superman can save a lot of people from the cruel and vulnurable villians.

50. Trunculently - belligerent, hateful.

Synonym - abusive, brutal, fierce

My Definition - A violent man is so over his mind or he is obsessed with a woman to kill over.

Sentence - Ryan was being so trunculent to his girlfriend Rebecca, who is trying to escape for her life.

No comments:

Post a Comment